Adjusting the center of gravity is a term that is fairly popular among aircraft hobby enthusiasts. Adjusting the center of gravity will modify your rc helicopter’s behaviour and allow you to, among other things, increase your MyWebRC Iron Eagle Helicopter’s speed.
- The center of gravity on the MyWebRC Iron Eagle is centered on the rotor shaft and that is why the helicopter pretty much stays in one spot when hovering.
- One can add weight to the nose of the helicopter to give it an “unbalanced” center of gravity while making it fly faster. The added weight makes the heli tilt slightly forward allowing the main rotor to give a bit of a rearward thrust which makes it fly faster (forward only in this case).
- Remember that the more weight you add, the heavier the helicopter, which reduces your flight time.
- What to use to add weight? Paper clip (use tape), or foil tape (cut it into small squares and add it to nose or tail as needed).
- Experiment with the center of gravity and discover all sorts of interesting flying.
Go to the Homepage Have questions? Prefer to order by Phone or Fax? The MyFunkyPlanet Customer Loyalty Team is happy to help! Call MFP Customer Loyalty Team: 1-800-270-5718 or
Email MFP Customer Loyalty Team